Observe this image:
- What do you see in the image below?
- Why is there so much life in this picture?
- What is the role that the water is playing here?
- What are ways in which this water can be preserved?
- What are the dangers involved if this water is not preserved?
How did it get here? The Global Water Cycle
Grades 5 -7
Key words: precipitation-condensation-evaporation-transpiration-infiltration-run-off
- Observe the image below
- Identify each process occurring below
- Define each process occurring in this image.
- Draw the same image and provide the names of living things and non-living things in this picture (i.e trees, sun ect…)
Key Words: Condensation- Clouds- Runoff- Evaporation- Transpiration-Percolation-Sea-Stream-lake-Groundwater-River-Precipitation-Sun
- Observe the image below and define each process occurring in this image.
- Identify the various ecosystems in the picture below
- How many ecosystems have you identified?
- Provide the definition for each ecosystem in the image below
(you may use a dictionary)
- Relate each process (in the WC) and explain how it supplies each ecosystem with water
N.B. This work may be done in groups.